Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day One

Hey there everybody! So here I am sitting in the library thinking about all the homework I should probably be doing and instead I'm putting in the first installment of my blog. I have been signed up to write this blog for about two weeks now, but I hadn't really had any idea about writing a blog so I would bring up the screen, look at it for awhile, then check my facebook. The problem is, once you've checked your facebook, read your e-mails, and caroused around espn.com long enough; you eventually have nothing left to do but write a blog.
I suppose as an introductory post I should probably let all you readers out there know a little about me. I am 22, looking at finishing up my degree at the University of Montana in education in the next year or so; and hopefully going to be a successful basketball coach someday. I grew up in a small town known as Sunburst, MT.
When someone grows up in a town with a name like Sunburst, people seem to want to call you that instead of your name. This is becoming so common that I don't even think about it anymore. Earlier this semester I had two teachers (TWO!!) call me by Sunburst instead of my name for the first few weeks. Sunburst has a high school of about 60 kids, however it is a combination of four towns (Sunburst, Kevin, Oilmont, and Sweetgrass). Although it is small, it is always a nice refuge to get away from the city and go home to a place where everyone knows you and will stop to chat at ya on mainstreet. I wouldn't trade it for the world.


I'm a sports fanatic and love to watch nearly any sport. Obviously, because I aspire to be a coach I am most interested in basketball. The sport fascinates me. I always hear this argument that people enjoy college ball more because they say the NBA is all about selfish millionaires who travel all over the place and don't know how to play the game. I love to argue about this because the players in the NBA are the greatest players in the world, and if you really enjoy basketball;(like all you college fans claim you do) you would enjoy the NBA for just how amazing these players are and how there is no point in slowing down the game on an extra half-step when the athletes are as talented as these players are. My favorite player is Joe Johnson, who I just found out is taking part in the HORSE game during all-star weekend. I'm not a betting man, but I'm gonna go ahead and say he's gonna win.


Anyway, I'm sure I'll get to more sports topics as I continue to write on this. I don't plan on writing everyday, but just whenever I feel like I have a point to make (so don't hold your breath). But check it out, and welcome to Nate's World.

Shout out for the day: Alex Rodriguez--Not for coming clean about using steroids, but the excuse given for injecting performance enhancing drugs. A-Rod said felt that he needed to take the PEDs because he was feeling the pressure of being labeled as one of the best players in the game. If you were the best in the game would you really need to cheat to prove yourself? Why is no one crucifying this guy for cheating? Furthermore, why is it ok to cheat if you come clean and admit you did it? I guess maybe I'm wrong about this. (No wait, I'm not)

No comments:

Post a Comment